WSO2 Identity Server 2.0 -alpha1 released
The WSO2 Identity Server team is pleased to announce the release of
version 2.0-alpha1 of the Open Source WSO2 Identity Server (IS).
IS 2.0-alpha1 release is available for download at .
This is based on revolutionary the WSO2 Carbon  framework, Middleware
a la carte’.
All the major features have been developed as pluggable Carbon components.
1. Entitlement Engine with XACML 2.0 support.
2. Claim based Security Token Service.
3. Extension points for SAML assertion handling.
4. XMPP based multi-factor authentication.
5. Improved User Management.
6. Claim Management.
7. User Profiles and Profile Management.
9. Separable front-end & back-end – a single front-end server can be
used to administer several back-end servers.
10. Bug fixes and enhancements.
1. Information Cards provider supporting Managed Information Cards
backed by user name / password and self-issued cards.
2. Information cards support for SAML 1.1/2.0.
3. OpenID Provider.
4. Multi-factor authentication with Information Cards.
How to Run
1. Extract the downloaded zip.
2. Go to the bin directory in the extracted folder.
3. Run the wso2server.sh or wso2server.bat as appropriate.
4. Point your browser to the URL https://localhost:9443/carbon
5. Use “admin”, “admin” as the user name and password.
6. If you need to start the OSGi console with the server use the
property -DosgiConsole when starting the server
All other known issues have been filed here . Please report any
issues you find as JIRA entries.
WSO2 Identity Server team